Money can buy everything, in fact, happiness to some extent. However, can it buy sleep?
Hold the thought, will come to that sometime later!
Speaking about sleep, it’s a physiological condition of a body when there is a reduced state of awareness and responsiveness. Several factors are crucial to induce and promote sleep, and melatonin is major in them.
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in humans made from the serotonin. Pineal gland secretes melatonin after the onset of darkness and the production peaks up at 4 am. However, the secretion levels down during the second half of the night, i.e. after 4 am. So, the entire process of synthesis followed by release happens in a circadian rhythm. People tend to take melatonin when there is a halt in this normal process.
- Jet lag
- Rotational shiftwork
- REM sleep disorder
- And of course, puberty
Considering all these sorts and their cumulative effects, melatonin uk supplements have become the feasible way to restore the natural sleep-wake cycle. As there is a surge in the number of insomniacs every year, more people nowadays buy melatonin in the UK to fend off the following adverse effects:
- Sleeping disorder during night
- Daytime drowsiness
- Mood swing
…the list can go on!
However, thanks to the emergence of these magic wonders for making it happen. Promoting sleep to pink health, melatonin is indispensable.
Food for thought err ‘sleep’
Get through some of these quick facts if you are a victim of insomnia and thinking to take melatonin in near future. Melatonin is a potent antioxidant, and thus, has multiple benefits apart from improving sleep quality:
- There is a decrease in melatonin synthesis in patients who have bipolar disorder. The supplements, in this case, can be used as a part of their therapy. Sleep disorder, mood swing, and anxiety are often seen in this condition, and melatonin undoubtedly helps to improve the condition.
- Recent studies show, this tiny sleeping aid also strengthens the blood-brain barrier at par.
- From treating Parkinson’s disease to Alzheimer’s, this drug is of great use.
- Including normal eye development, melatonin is also important for vision. In fact, people who suffer from glaucoma experience decreased elevated pressure inside the eye.
That’s a win-win situation! You can have such life-saving benefits within a shoe-string budget. So, wonder money can buy sleep and healthy life (at times).
Few more facts to know before you buy melatonin
- Melatonin uk supplements are natural and are available in several e-drug stores.
- It is not a form of addiction or even dependency drug.
- Once the sleeping habit is normal, people can stop having it.
- It is advisable to have melatonin before bedtime.
So, address all these facts if you want to harness and enjoy all the benefits of melatonin.